The College is committed to the development of tropical medicine and is working with professionals to help manage the global burden of tropical disease and injury through networking, research and development.
The Listed Aims of the College are to:
- Encourage continuing education and the exchange of knowledge in tropical medicine;
- Collaborate with other organisations in conducting activities of mutual concern, interest and direction in tropical medicine;
- Promote research in tropical medicine;
- Strive for professionalism and competence among its members and those specialising in and entering into the field of tropical medicine; and
- Maintain a historical collection of items relevant to the development of tropical medicine in Australasia