Membership of the College receive many benefits:
- Be nominated for elected office on the College Council, Faculty executives or our Standing Committees (Board of Censors, Disaster Health, One Health (Human Parasitology and Zoonoses), Publications and Toxinology).
- Participate in one of the College committees and/or Special Interest Groups, e.g. National Strongylides Working Group, Travel Health Advisory Group.
- Be a regional representative of the College.
- Represent the College on external committees and board
- Contribute an article to the ACTM e-newsletter
- Nominate a colleague for a professional ACTM Award
- Attend and present at our annual or regional scientific meetings
- Organise a local scientific meeting
- Promote the College at conferences, universities and in other forums nationally and internationally
- Upgrade your membership to Fellowship, where applicable
- Nominate colleagues for membership or fellowship of the College through Distinction
- Assist as a College Censor with new membership applications
- Participate as an Honorary College Activist (Historian)
- Submit manuscripts for publication in our official journal, Tropical Medicine and Infectious Disease, or propose special issues for the journal
- Submit proposals for new College activities or assist with the website.
The ACTM membership and financial year runs for 12 months from time of membership application/renewal.
Subsidised subscriptions may be available on application for those who are suffering financial hardship anywhere or those who are experiencing considerable exchange rate problems in developing countries. The ACTM is now able to accept credit card payments online or by calling 07 3872 2246.
If you would like to support a member in a developing country, please contact us via e: email@example.com or p: 07 3872 2246.
- Persons interested in tropical medicine, or
- Full-time students undertaking a course of study in tropical medicine or a related field at a recognised university or institute.
- Approved postgraduate academic qualifications in tropical medicine or an approved fellowship or membership in a related professional college or intitute; or
- Approved first degree or approved certificate, associate diploma, diploma, or professional registration and working, or have worked, a minimum one year full-time or the equivalent part-time in tropical medicine.
- Approved postgraduate academic qualification in tropical medicine or an approved membership in a related professional college or institute and working, or have worked, a minimum of two years full-time or the equivalent part-time in tropical medicine; or
- Approved first degree and working, or have worked, a minimum two years full-time or the equivalent part-time in tropical medicine.
- Approved postgraduate academic qualification in tropical medicine or an approved fellowship in a related professional college or institute; and
- Working, or have worked, a minimum of three years full-time or the equivalent part-time in tropical medicine, and
- Made a significant contribution to tropical medicine.
- Persons who have ceased full-time employment.
- Persons who live and work in a developing nation.
*all price and payments in AUD