Members of the College receive many benefits:
- Be nominated for elected office on the College Council, Faculty executives, or our Standing Committees (Board of Censors, Disaster Health, One Health (Human Parasitology and Zoonoses), Publications and Toxinology).
- Participate in one of the College committees and/or Special Interest Groups, e.g. National Strongylides Working Group, Travel Health Advisory Group.
- Be a regional representative of the College
- Represent the College on external committees and boards
- Contribute an article to the ACTM e-newsletter
- Nominate a colleague for a professional ACTM award
- Attend and present at our annual or regional scientific meetings
- Organise a local scientific meeting
- Promote the College at conferences, universities and in other forums nationally and internationally
- Upgrade your membership to Fellowship, where applicable
- Nominate colleagues for membership or fellowship of the College through Distinction
- Assist as a College Censor with new membership applications
- Participate as an Honorary College Archivist (Historian)
- Submit manuscripts for publication in our official journal, Tropical Medicine and Infectious Disease, or propose special issues for the journal
- Submit proposals for new College activities or assist with the website
The ACTM membership and financial year runs for 12 months from time of membership application/renewal.
Subsidized subscriptions may be available on application for those who are suffering financial hardship anywhere or those who are experiencing considerable exchange rate problems in developing countries. The ACTM is now able to accept credit card payments online or by calling 07 3872 2246.
If you would like to support a member in a developing country, please contact us via e: email@example.com or p: 07 3872 2246.