- This policy also covers ACTM’s treatment of any personally identifiable information that ACTM’s associates and business partners share with us.
- The ACTM is an incorporated body and its members are considered part of the body of the ACTM for the purposes of this policy and members are bound by this policy.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that ACTM does not own or control, or to people that the ACTM does not employ or manage.
Information Collection and Use
- The ACTM collects personally identifiable information when you apply for membership of the ACTM (you will be aware of the information you complete on the application form)
- The ACTM may also receive personally identifiable information from our associates (joint conference committees and the like) and third parties (such as information used to verify your claim to membership).
- When you apply for membership of the ACTM, we ask for your details as specified on the membership application form. Once you apply for membership of the ACTM, you are no longer anonymous to us.
- The ACTM collects personally identifiable information when you use certain ACTM products or services (such as your name, mailing address for dispatch and email address when purchasing books online).
- When you view the ACTM Tropmed website we automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address and the pages you request. This information is stored on the website in aggregated data form and used for the sole purpose of generating usage statistics
- When you view the ACTM Tropmed website and logon as a member with your user name and password we will also store cookies on your computer. These cookies are “per session” or “temporary” cookies and their sole purpose is to determine your access rights to restricted areas of the website. No other information is recorded or retrieved.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- The ACTM will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone.
- The ACTM will only provide personally identifiable information about you to other companies or people when:
- We have your consent to share the information;
- We need to share your information in order to provide the product or service you have requested;
- We need to send the information to companies that work on behalf of the ACTM to provide a product or service to you. (Unless we tell you differently, these companies do not have any right to use the personally identifiable information we provide to them beyond what is necessary to assist us.);
- You have indicated specific information to be displayed on the areas of the TROPMED website. This information will only be accessible by other members of the ACTMWe respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process; or
- We find that your actions on our web sites violate the Terms of Service or policies of the ACTM – or any of our usage guidelines for specific products or services.
- The ACTM may set and access ACTM cookies on your computer.
- The ACTM does not allow other companies to set and access their cookies on your computer. The way other companies use their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Other companies do not have access to ACTM’s cookies.
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences
- ACTM gives members the ability to edit most of your personal information and preferences at any time, including whether you want the ACTM to contact you via email, or snail mail, and notify you electronically of information such upcoming events. By default the information displayed will only include a listing of your nominated special interests, your nominated areas of expertise, and you preferred mailing and e-mail addresses. The display of other information requires a specific opt-in selection from you via your personal information page on the site. You may specifically block display of any of the default information using the same site.
- Specific information cannot be edited by you via the tropmed.org website. This includes detail such as your membership level, membership number and the like
- Your current and past financial status is visible to active members via the website. You cannot view any other members financial details, and they cannot view yours.
- You may request deletion of your ACTM membership account by directly contacting the ACTM secretariat firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your ACTM Membership Account Information is password-protected for your privacy and security.
- In certain areas the ACTM may use industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions.
- The ACTM may edit this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes we will notify you by posting a prominent announcement on our web pages.
Questions or Suggestions
- If you have questions or suggestions please contact the ACTM secretariat (email@example.com) or the ACTM Webmaster (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you feel that your inquiry has not been satisfactorily addressed, you should contact the ACTM executive (email@example.com) or failing all else, Australasian College of Tropical Medicine College Council. An email to firstname.lastname@example.org will automatically be forwarded to each of the Councillors.